- 1 bag (1 1/2 lbs.) Cream Sauce/Biscuit Gravy Mix
- 4 – 5 quarts Water
- 2 cups Chopped Onion
- 2 cups Chopped, sliced Celery
- 1 – 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon White Pepper
- 18 lbs. Potatoes, Peeled and Sliced
- 1/4 cup Oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a suitable stock pot saute onions and celery in the oil. Add 1 gallon of water. Bring up to a boil. Using a wire whip, dissolve the package of cream sauce in 1 quart of water. When the gallon is at a full boil, stir in the slurry. Stir continuously until the sauce thickens. Add the salt and pepper. Stir.
- Arrange the sliced potatoes in two steam pans. Pour the sauce over the potatoes.
- Bake at 350°F in a conventional oven for 1 1/4 – 1 1/2 hours. Bake at 300°F in a convection oven for 45 – 60 minutes. Pans may need to be turned to brown evenly.
Return to Dorothy’s Recipes