- 5 lbs. Sweet Italian Sausage
- 1 Pkg. (5 lbs.) Biscuit Mix
- 2 lbs.Shredded Pizza Cheese
- Pizza Sauce
- Cook and crumble the Italian Sausage. Allow to cool slightly. Prepare the Biscuit Mix as directed. Flour a counter top generously. Scoop about 1/2 the biscuit dough onto the floured surface. Knead a few times to further firm the dough. Roll out dough using a rolling pin, to about 1/4″ thickness. Square up the dough piece to a rectangle.
- Spread the pizza sauce generously onto the dough. Sprinkle sausage and cheese on top. Starting at the back, roll up the dough into a log. Seal the seam by pinching the dough. Stretch the log about 2 – 3 inches each way to firm up the log.
- Using a serrated knife, cut pieces about 1/2″ – 1″ thick. Lay flat on a slightly greased sheet pan.
- Bake in a convection oven at 335°F for 8 – 10 minutes.
Return to Dorothy’s Recipes