- 5 lbs. Basic Muffin, White Cake, or Yellow Cake
- #10 can Fruit or Pie Filling
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbs. Cinnamon
- Extra Cinnamon
- Prepare baking pans (one 18 x 26 or four 9 x 13, with at least a 1 inch edge) by greasing and dusting with flour.
- Sprinkle half the bag of the mix evenly in the pans.
- Distribute the fruit and syrup in the can evenly over the mix. Lightly sprinkle or sift cinnamon over the fruit (just a light dusting for flavor).
- Sprinkle remaining half of mix over the fruit.
- This is the tricky part — if vacuum packed fruit or a very solid pack is used-extra water will need to be added. The mix/fruit/mix needs to be moist, but not wet or soggy.
- The maximum water that should be added is 2 1/2 cups. Start by drizzling 1 cup over the surface and allow to soak in to the mix. Add more water if needed.
- Using a fork mix brown sugar, sugar, and cinnamon together. Sprinkle this mixture over the top of the sheet pan.
- Bake at 350° – 375°F for 20 – 30 minutes.
- It can be served hot or cold.
Return to Dorothy’s Recipes