- 1 Pkg. (1 1/2 lbs.) Frosty Acres Cream Sauce/Biscuit Gravy Mix
- 12 – 16 oz. Smoked Ham, (chopped small)
- 12 – 16 oz. Boneless Chicken Meat, (chopped for soup)
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup Diced Onion
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup Diced Celery
- 8 – 16 oz. Shredded Swiss Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Chicken Base (if economy base is used, be careful when adding extra salt)
- Salt and Pepper – Season to taste
- Yield: Approximately 1 1/2 gallons.
- In a 2 gallon stock pot, saute the onions, celery, and chicken until done. Add 1 gallon of water and chicken base. Bring up to a boil.
- Combine the package of Baker Boy Cream Sauce with 1 qt. of water. Using a wire whip, stir until dissolved. Add the ham to the water while it is coming up to a boil. When the water is boiling, stir in the dissolved cream sauce. Bring back up to a simmer.
- Simmer for 1 minute. Stir in the Swiss Cheese. Turn off heat. Allow to set for 5 – 10 minutes. Taste, add additional seasonings if desired.
Return to Dorothy’s Recipes